1501 State Street
Marshall, MN 56258
AURI’s food lab is available to those seeking to introduce new foods to the marketplace. It is focused on smaller companies and entrepreneurs who are developing and commercializing new food products.
- The facility provides food producers with an opportunity to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data about the sensory aspects of food— like taste, smell, sight and feel.
- The Food Product Evaluation and Sensory Laboratory is state-of-art and serves a vast array of stakeholders, including companies and entrepreneurs.
- In addition to sensory characteristic analysis, researchers can use the lab to receive input on packaging, recipe refinement and overall market readiness of food products.
- Businesses will also be able to take advantage of AURI’s professional approach to test design and results interpretation to answer their critical product questions.
The facility includes:
- Testing room with nine isolated sensory evaluation booths
- Product preparation room to facilitate on-site preparation
- Conference room that provides a focus group setting, accommodating up to eight panelists
- Digital technology for collecting information
- Special lighting and air pressure systems to remove as much bias as possible to obtain the highest quality evaluations for the facility’s users.