We provide products and solutions to help farmers achieve global food security for a growing population, sustainably. We work by looking at agriculture through the eyes of growers, and by applying world-class science to develop crop protection products and seeds.
Our innovations help farmers to overcome multiple challenges – from weeds, insects and disease, to the effects of heat and cold on crops. Whether they grow corn or rice, vegetables or coffee, farmers around the world trust Syngenta to help them produce healthy, premium crops and minimize the use of precious natural resources.
Open Innovation Challenge:
A challenge faced by Syngenta moving forward is that farmers may no longer apply pesticides in the same manner in which they do today. The farmers may be applying herbicides in a manner that is precisely applied to the weed vs. sprayed across the entire acreage. However, the value of a clean field of weeds or disease is the same as before. The challenge would be to develop a new business model for companies like Syngenta to market a ‘clean field’ approach to farmers vs. the traditional price/acre.
Reason for Seeking External Innovation Partnership:
- Syngenta’s paradigm is the current model of looking at pest control on a per acre basis
- Thinking from external parties that approaches this age-old problem with a different viewpoint could lead to a solution or a model that will help Syngenta provide solutions to farmers regardless of the system being utilized
Scope of Solution Space:
- Range of acceptable idea parameters – this is a global opportunity, from the small holder to the large farmer.
- Must haves in idea / response – elements of the business model that address a clean field approach from the precision application of pesticides
- Nice to haves in idea /response – concept applications developed; thinking on if there are different responses for Midwest corn and beans vs. the smallholder in India (for e.g.)
Innovation Solutions Not of Interest:
- Confidential information
- Development of drone/precision application systems – this is for the business model only
Proposal Response Date Deadline:
April 30, 2019
To submit your proposal online, click the link below:
To submit your proposal in a PDF document, click here.