We provide products and solutions to help farmers achieve global food security for a growing population, sustainably. We work by looking at agriculture through the eyes of growers, and by applying world-class science to develop crop protection products and seeds.
Our innovations help farmers to overcome multiple challenges – from weeds, insects and disease, to the effects of heat and cold on crops. Whether they grow corn or rice, vegetables or coffee, farmers around the world trust Syngenta to help them produce healthy, premium crops and minimize the use of precious natural resources.
Open Innovation Challenge:
Syngenta seeks a partnership with someone that can help increase farmers interest/compliance in entering agronomic data into farm management software (FMS) tools through ‘gamification’.
Reason for Seeking External Innovation Partnership:
- Farmers like to farm and not to manually collect and transcribe information. As a result, they don’t have the time to enter the data, or simply don’t understand the benefits of doing so
- By having a complete data set from larger numbers of farmers, Syngenta is better able to provide more accurate agronomic advice ranging from seed variety selection to crop planning and farmers can further benefit from benchmarking his/hers practices.
Scope of Solution Space:
- Range of acceptable idea parameters – at a high level the proposal must address how to solve this challenge for the North American corn and soybean farmer. Global considerations are helpful, but North America is the priority.
- Must haves in idea / response – specific actions/applications that would help gamify the experience of using a FMS platform
- Nice to haves in idea /response – concept applications developed, as well as a API map on how this would integrate into Syngenta’s FMS tools.
Innovation Solutions Not of Interest:
- Confidential information
- Crops outside of corn, soybeans, cotton and wheat
- focus on small (less than 1000 acres) only
Proposal Response Date Deadline:
April 30, 2019
To submit your proposal online, click the link below:
To submit your proposal in a PDF document, click here.