The Agricultural Utilization Research Institute (AURI), a unique and innovative Minnesota nonprofit corporation fosters long-term economic benefit for Minnesota through value-added agricultural products, focusing on coproducts, biobased products, renewable energy, and food.
AURI seeks a Business Development intern for summer 2020. The intern supports market establishment and development of linkages among producers, processors, distributors and consumers of camelina, Kernza, and other new and emerging crops.
- Map, develop, and report on Central MN value chains utilization Kernza in food and beverage products.
- Identify and report on value chain participants including food hubs, artisan food outlets, commercial food companies, and copackers.
- Identify and map out local processors and their capabilities.
- Identify opportunities and barriers facing processors.
- Report on the market for Kernza in Central Minnesota and statewide.
- Assess supply chain costs, including buyer and seller price points.
- Assess potential post-harvest aggregation points, processing, storage, and end-uses for organic and non-organic Kernza.
- Identify possible Minnesota companies that may process or utilize Kernza fiber and straw.
- Examine and report on the potential market size and options for Kernza straw/fiber.
Requirements to be considered for this internship is a graduate degree or current graduate student in business administration or related field. More details on the position are available here.
To apply by email, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be received through April 6. AURI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.