Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets many popular brands including Red Baron®, Tony’s®, and Freschetta® pizzas, Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks.
Open Innovation Challenge:
Schwan’s is seeking a technology that will enable accelerated moisture equilibration in dry dough systems.
Reason for Seeking External Innovation Partnership:
The current gold standard formula and process for making egg roll skins requires a significant amount of time to equilibrate moisture within the dry dough system. This inefficient equilibration process results in increased labor, waste, downtime, and scheduling complexity.
Scope of Solution Space:
- Acceptable solutions include pronounceable, pantry friendly ingredients and nonthermal processing technologies.
- Solution must reduce moisture equilibration time by 50% or more.
- Solution must deliver the current gold standard product attributes including appearance, texture, and flavor.
- Moisture equilibrated dough must be compatible with high speed dough sheeting process.
Innovation Solutions Not of Interest:
- Increasing moisture content
- Increasing dough temperature above 70F
- Chemical sounding ingredients
- Allergens beyond wheat
Proposal Response Date Deadline:
April 30, 2019
To submit your proposal online, click the link below:
To submit your proposal in a PDF document, click here.