1. What percent of ag commodities are currently used in industrial products?
A. 4 percent
B. 40 percent
C. 11 percent
2. How many bottles of soy-based lotion did SoySoft market per month in 2007?
A. Over 150
B. About 15,000
C. About 1,500
3. About how many pounds of synthetic red dye is added to food, cosmetics and beverages every year?
A. 63,000 pounds
B. 7 million pounds
C. 356,000 pounds
4. “Sayela” means “reddish” in what language?
B. Pig Latin
5. The red corn bred near Lamberton was originally grown for what purpose?
A. To test drought, insect and disease resistance
B. For the craft market
C. Because it was pretty
6. What feedstock will Northern Excellence Seed be using to produce energy for their operation?
B. Grass-seed cleaning waste
7. What is one of the challenges limiting use of ash for fertilizer?
A. Difficult to apply
B. None produced in Minnesota
C. It has no nutrient value
8. Which of the following is an opportunity offered by renewable energy development in Minnesota?
A. Cheap gas
B. Curriculum development and educational opportunities
C. Drilling for canola oil in northwest Minnesota
ANSWERS: 1) A; 2) C; 3) B; 4) C; 5) A; 6) B; 7) A; 8) B