1. Why are compost barns gaining interest among dairy farmers?
a. Cow comfort
b. Manure management
c. Potential for increased production
d. All of the above
2. How much do Minnesota utilities typically pay for wind power?
a. 3 to 4.5 cents per kilowatt-hour
b. 50 cents per kilowatt-hour
c. $1.50 per kilowatt-hour
3. What percentage of Minnesota-grown soybeans are processed in the state?
a. 11 percent
b. 60 percent
c. 83 percent
4. How much distiller’s dried grains can typically be added to swine diets?
a. 50 percent
b. 25 percent
c. 10 percent
5. What industry has shown particular interest in larger-scale biomass burners?
c. Meat packers
6. What makes the windpower project with Xcel Energy, AURI and MinWind unique?
a. It’s using really big turbines
b. It uses biodiesel generators for backup
c. All the blades turn counter clockwise for increased production
7. About how many tons of DDGS are produced by Minnesota ethanol plants each year?
a. 7 million tons
b. 70 million tons
c. 700 million tons
8. How many years has AURI presented the Ag Innovator of the year award?
Answers: 1) d 2) a 3) b 4) c 5) b 6)b 7) b 8) a