AURI seeks a full-time Meat Scientist for its lab in Marshall, Minnesota. The Scientist of Food and Meat has responsibility for leading and managing the development of value-added food and meat products and processes that support the needs of AURI clients and stakeholder. Examples of duties include:
- Identify and conduct applied research for food and meat products, including project design, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Lead and direct food safety projects and educational events.
- Serve as the technical liaison with relevant commodity and industry groups.
- Manage department budget
- Ensure the Meat laboratory complies with national and Minnesota OSHA safety requirements.
- Additional responsibilities includes managing and maximizing AURI’s Meat lab.
The ideal candidate will hold a master’s degree in food or meat science and 3 years’ experience in food product development including meat products. The minimum qualifications include a Bachelor of Science in food or meat science and five years’ experience in food product development.
AURI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. View the job description. The position is open until filled.