WASECA, MINN., September 26, 2013 – The Agricultural Utilization Research Institute (AURI) is seeking nominees for two Board of Directors seats. The open positions are due to the expiring terms of Ron Obermoller (representing the Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council) and John Goihl (representing a Minnesota agribusiness). Both Obermoller and Goihl are eligible for nomination.
A nine-member Board of Directors governs AURI, as provided for under provisions of its Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Representation on the Board is to meet these requirements:
- Chairman of the Minnesota House of Representatives Ag Committee or designee. Currently this position is filled by Representative Andrew Falk.
- Chairman of the Minnesota Senate Ag Committee or designee. Currently this position is filled by Senator Matt Schmit.
- Two representatives of state farm organizations. Currently these designated positions are filled by Julie Bleyhl (Minnesota Farmers Union) and John Gilbertson (Minnesota Farm Bureau).
- Three representatives of Minnesota research and promotion councils. Currently these positions are filled by Ron Obermoller (soybean), Art Brandli (wheat) and Richard Peterson (corn).
- Two representatives of Minnesota agribusiness. Currently these positions are filled by John Goihl and Roger Chamberlain.
To remain compliant with the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, one nominee selected will represent a research and promotion council and the other will represent Minnesota agribusiness. (The corn and wheat research and promotion councils will be excluded as they have current representation on the Board.)
Board members are appointed for three-year terms. The time commitment is approximately 10 meetings per year at various locations throughout Minnesota. If you know someone you would like to nominate, please encourage that individual to submit an information packet that includes an indication of which position they seek nomination for (research and promotion council or Minnesota agribusiness) and a biography discussing their background, skills and experiences. In addition, the nominee(s) should supply a statement about how they believe they would add value to the AURI Board of Directors.
Information packets can be emailed to email@example.com or sent by U.S. mail to AURI, PO Box 599, Crookston, MN 56716. The deadline for submitting a nomination packet is October 31, 2013.
AURI helps develop new agricultural products and processes through science and technology, partnering with businesses and entrepreneurs to bring ideas to reality in order to generate economic impact in Minnesota communities. AURI provides a broad range of services including applied research and development, scientific assistance, and targeted innovation networks to develop value-added uses for crops and coproducts.